Jimmy zum 75sten

Jimmy zum 75sten

Beitragvon Ledzeppi » Mi Jan 09, 2019 3:48 pm

ihm zu Ehren haue ich mir dieses Konzert um die Ohren.
Alles Gute Jimmy :prost:

09.01.1970 a .jpg
09.01.1970 a .jpg (255.01 KiB) 2329-mal betrachtet
.....das Runde muss aufs Eckige.....
Ledzeppi
Premium Mitglied
Premium Mitglied

Re: Jimmy zum 75sten

Beitragvon Kunke » Mi Jan 09, 2019 5:09 pm

"WHY ARE YOU CRYING, JIMMY?" By Cecilia Vitelli

This morning, January 9, 2019, just the day of her 75th birthday, which should be a moment full of joy, Jimmy Page is in her bedroom and is crying instead. Why?
Here's the explanation: in the pocket of an old coat that he had not used for decades and was about to be thrown away, Jimmy found this letter he wrote thirty years ago and never sent ...

"Dear friends, companions, my brothers, Robert, John Paul and John,

Today, January 9, 1981, on the day of my first birthday without you, I succumbed to the irrepressible desire, the need, the need that I can no longer hold back inside me, to write to you one more time, to delude myself, perhaps, to be able to still be near you.
Just over three months ago my whole world and with it the whole life that I shared with you went out, collapsed in the darkness of an endless night, without hope, with no possibility of return. I wander like a sleepwalker since. Everything comes muffled and distant, no human contact seems more real and, like a castaway who returns after decades spent in a desert island, I can no longer feel really in touch with any other human being. Nobody but you.
Yet all this time I could not do anything but cover my face with a mask of detachment, of apparent coldness. You looked at me, Robert and John Paul, and you did not understand how I could always keep that controlled expression, as if the same despair that was evident on your own did not show through my face. But I was not really like that: then like now, inside me the demons are feasting with the shreds of my soul.
Within me there are equally fury and anger but also remorse and guilt for not going to sleep with you, John, that night ... it would have been enough so little: just lie down next to you, do not let you go to sleep alone ! I know what you would say to me at this point, John, if I could hear myself making these speeches: "Friend, decide once and for all to grow! What's the point of crying over spilled milk? Now it's done: now you have to think about living your life! Enough with the heroine once and for all! "That's right, John, every time you told me the same words and we were out of tune a bit 'cause I replied that I would quit with the heroine when you would do it too with the various drugs and above all with all the alcohol that made you "the Beast". Usually it all ended with a laugh that each of us pulled up, like a shield, in front of our lost face.
I know, all of you thought that reduced as I was, the shadow of myself, I would not have made it and I would have left the pens for overdose very soon: in my eyes hollowed in the orbits you already saw the reflection of the ghostly face and skeletal of the Great Harvester, ready to take me away from one day to the next. I went close, yes. What did it take to get me out of this self-destructive spiral? My God! Did I have to wait for the real and real destruction of another of us and then the final annihilation of our dream to quit? What if I had the strength to stop first? So there would have been a future for all of us together yet? I have not been strong enough to save us all, this is the truth that hurts me most today. I was not there when I could and had to do more.
But now I'm here again. Reflecting on us and writing this letter helped me to understand something really important: you are now and you will be inside me forever. I do not know what life will hold in the coming years, but I know one thing, that what we have done will not disappear, it will not end, it will never go extinct. The four of us, beyond the distance, of the choices, of the opposing paths that we will undertake, will in some way remain an inseparable union of intentions, creativity, and vision of the world. We will no longer be in physical contact, but in reality we will continue to be there every time someone on Earth hears our song. Each sound wave of the music we have created and played is an invisible thread that binds us eternally, beyond space, time, life and death.

So now it is time for me to go, but know that I will love you forever, my brothers, and I swear to keep, as long as I have life, our Music and our Dream, the Led Zeppelin.

I will always be with you

Jimmy "

Then, as is the tradition that happens every morning of every 9th of January starting from the year 1981, the notes of "Stairway to Heaven" echo in the clear house.
Jimmy then stops crying, pulls a long breath, closes his eyes and listens for a long moment, until the music penetrates completely into him. Then he brings the yellowed sheet of the letter over his heart and whispers: "Yes, boys, yes, I understood. We ... forever, do not fear. "
straightened
Kunke

Beitragvon Kunke » Mi Jan 09, 2019 5:29 pm

Led Zeppelin-Gitarrist Jimmy Page: Rocklegende und Gefangener

https://www.mdr.de/kultur/jimmy-page-ge ... a3njpcWXe4
Kunke

Beitragvon Wind-of-Thor » Mi Jan 09, 2019 5:53 pm

sehr schöner Brief, kannte ich noch nicht. Jetzt muß erstmal Stairway laufen.

Sogar die Sindelfinger Zeitung gedachte ihm heute mit einem größeren Artikel, und ganz ohne Fehler.
The winds of Thor are blowing cold
Wind-of-Thor
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Kunke » Do Sep 26, 2019 9:05 pm

Kunke

ZurĂĽck zu Jimmy Page