Some Images Of Some Of My Led Zep Memorabilia Collection

egal ob Holzzeppelin, das Object oder sonstwas

Some Images Of Some Of My Led Zep Memorabilia Collection

Beitragvon Sems Fir » Sa Jan 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi Everyone,
I know there are some collectors of Led Zeppelin memorabilia and swag (stuff we all get) on the board so I thought I’d post some images of various things in my collection. I have a bunch of items many other collectors do, but I also have some harder to find items as well. Here’s a sample of various things in my collection.

Bild

Included in the photo is the 1972 U.K. Free Tour poster, a rare 1977 J.F.K. stadium frisbee, 1977 SHOCO road crew laminate, 1980 tour crew laminate, 1980 luggage tag, Physical Graffiti rubik’s cube promo item, and three unused 1977 concert tickets. One of the tickets is from April 10th in Chicago Illinois, and the other two tickets are from the final two dates Zeppelin played the Day on the Green events in Oakland California with John Bonham (July 23rd and July 24 respectively).

Bild

I’ve been working on obtaining unused tickets from the cancelled portion of the 1977 tour and 1980 tour. Included in the image is a complete set of the four 1980 dates that were to be in Chicago Illinois. Also included are July 30th Superdome show, August 3rd Chicago show, 1980 Joe Louis Arena show in Detroit, August 6th Rich Stadium in Buffalo, and two tickets for the J.F.K. Stadium show in Philadelphia. I have an example of the all-weather concert ticket as well as the rain date Sunday tickets. Also included is a complete set of unused J.F.K. passes, as well as the Summerfest at the stadium pin, and a 1995 Page / Plant aluminum coin. Also shown is a Led Zeppelin scarf.

Bild

I also was lucky to obtain long time Swan Song employee Shelley Kaye In Through The Out Door floater award when she sold off items from her personal collection through my friend Rick Barrett. I have a focus on the ITTOD timeframe for the band.

Bild
Led Zeppelin was going to play in Philadelphia in 1980 and ten jackets were made to present to the band and their immediate personal. This jacket was obtained directly from the designer of the jacket and is made of satin.

Bild

Here’s a framed ITTOD album signed by the surviving members JPJ, JP, and RP. There’s also a promo ITTOD banner beneath the record and sleeve jacket.

Bild

The inspiration of the tour of Europe 80 poster, Picture Post magazine dated May 27th 1939.

Bild

In the above image is Shelley Kaye’s unused ITTOD promo t-shirt, ITTOD Japanese note pad, two custom made ITTOD rubik’s cubes, Led Zeppelin II listening party for the recent remasters, remaster promo pin set, and Phil Carlo’s 1980 Tour of Europe bag. This is the actual bag seen at ledzeppelin.com

I have more items to show but this is a good start. :D

Robert
Sems Fir
Club Mitglied

Re: Some Images Of Some Of My Led Zep Memorabilia Collection

Beitragvon zeppelin-deluxe » Sa Jan 14, 2017 8:54 pm

Hey Robert,
it's always a great pleasure to look at such stunning collections. Indeed very impressive and very well presented :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Can you please give some more information about those ITTOD rubik's cubes?
Is it an official promo product same like the 40th Anniversary PG cube (like yours in the first picture)?
I only own the PG cube and it wasn't cheap.

We also have different kind of collectors in our small community. Some are focused on vinyls from all over the world, some prefered all kinds of LZ books. I am specialized in penible collecting original silvers from the Far East with a fanatic main focus on EVSD and many other things. Some time ago the well known magazine collector from Berlin was also a member in our club but unfortunately, our ways separated for different personal reasons two years ago. Sad but true.
Anyway... please don't hesitate and post whatever you like, ask questions...it's always great to see fresh blood in our hermetic order of the golden rock gods ;)
Listening to Led Zeppelin is my escape from all bullshit in life
zeppelin-deluxe
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Wind-of-Thor » Sa Jan 14, 2017 9:49 pm

zeppelin-deluxe hat geschrieben:
Can you please give some more information about those ITTOD rubik's cubes?
Is it an official promo product same like the 40th Anniversary PG cube (like yours in the first picture)?
I only own the PG cube and it wasn't cheap.

Wow, great collection. Thanks a lot for the pics.

I saw this ITTOD cube a few weeks ago and thought it was a fake.
The winds of Thor are blowing cold
Wind-of-Thor
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Sems Fir » Sa Jan 14, 2017 11:08 pm

Thank you both for the kind words. For some reason some of the images are getting cropped, and not showing everything. The two ITTOD Rubik's cubes are not real but customs (i.e. fake). I had a friend and fellow Zeppelin fan make them. I had him make them so the opposite side to the top showing is the opposite side of the album. One cube is album A,B, and C. The other cube is D,E, and F. Here's a couple images of a different one I don't own:

Bild

Bild

I have other images of other cubes as well. I'll post some more images soon!

Robert
Sems Fir
Club Mitglied

Beitragvon zeppelin-deluxe » So Jan 15, 2017 1:27 am

Thanks for clarifying the information about the ITTOD cubes.
Even if they are not real official promotional items they look good and interesting to some of us.
I own one original Monsters Of Rock 3CD set with the jigsaw puzzle released many years ago by Tarantura that is pictured on your next cube (Monsters Of Rock/Have You Ever Experienced?/Lili Marleen/...).
http://forum.friendsofzep.de/download/file.php?id=4962&mode=view

just a hint...if your pictures are too big/large you can also attach them with img_mini tag or code instead of img.
Then a double click on the image will show it in full size.
Or you upload as real attachment (tab: 'Dateianhang hochladen' then upload and then press button 'Im Beitrag anzeigen'), so you can include attachments within your post
zeppelin-deluxe
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Sems Fir » So Jan 15, 2017 2:59 am

Hi Gerd,

That's a great 3 cd set! Thank you for the information regarding the images. I’ll have to fix them at some point. If you would like to see some more images of Zep related Rubik’s cubes please let me know and I’ll load some more. Here's one more for you. :D

Bild

I apologize some of the images are a little blurry. I'll have to resize them. I have all sorts of items. I don’t focus on displays. I’ve had the chance to pick them up through the years, but I try to stay focused on the items I would like to own. I have a couple of more but here's one. I did find a complete ITTOD countertop display:

Bild

I also managed to pick up a couple of smaller cd displays. I believe the Celebration Day one is a Japanese one. I’m hoping someone can verify that information for me. I do have the assembly directions for them as well.

Bild

Here’s what one would look like full of cd’s

Bild

Here’s my complete set of ITTOD album covers on display

Bild

I have about 100 different books not including songbooks. Here’s an image of a couple of interesting items created. The Staci Wilson Robert Plant Feather in the Wind from her fanzine (I’ll check my email from her but I believe there’s 25 copies she created) and the hard to find Tribute to John Bonham by Darryl Crawford.

Bild

I thought this was an interesting pickup that I placed in a binder. It’s the complete tour rider for the 95 Page / Plant shows. Yes, I know what they wanted in their dressing room, and I'm not saying. :lol:

Bild

I’ll add more images soon.

Robert
Sems Fir
Club Mitglied

Beitragvon zeppelin-deluxe » So Jan 15, 2017 10:17 am

Sems Fir hat geschrieben:If you would like to see some more images of Zep related Rubik’s cubes please let me know and I’ll load some more. Here's one more for you. :D

Bild

Good Morning,
It seems that those generic printing of all kinds of artworks on such blank rubik cubes will work for many nice motifs same like for instance the many official and unofficial coffee mugs that are out there.
I have a very rare EV coffee mug which is course also fan-made but...yeah, it's just a funny little addition to my huge collection of original silver and gold from that label.

Anyway...here is something you might be interested in:
DSC_0015.JPG

because according to the Jimmy Page website you have attended this show.
The letter is from the previous owner who also attended this and the next show (the strings were cut and changed by Pages technician/roadie) and describes the whole story how he gets the strings through a Greenpeace employee backstage who was travelling with the band.
Page & Plant donated several things to raise money for Greenpeace so he was able to buy a signed drumhead by Michael Lee (RIP) that even has his blood stains from several nights on it! What a great immortal souvenir!
zeppelin-deluxe
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Ledzeppi » So Jan 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello Robert
Great and impressive,
look here. My main area is vinyl from all over the world

https://ledzeppelin.jimdo.com/

On the start page you can even see some people from the club ( But not the 4 below :lol: )
On 10 December 2007 in London :super:
My English is not very good but I still try to stay on the ball. Thanks Babble fish. ;)
But I speak Russian 8-)

P.S. do you know MARK LINCHNER alias Zepmaster from OAKLEY ???

greetings :prost:
.....das Runde muss aufs Eckige.....
Ledzeppi
Premium Mitglied
Premium Mitglied

Beitragvon Sems Fir » So Jan 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi Gerd!

That's a fantastic piece of memorabilia! Yes, I was at the Hartford show. I have the show on cassette and cd. I also have the video footage of Black Dog saved for viewing to bring back the memories of the show. :D Years ago I posted the concert review from the local newspaper, as well as a local article over at.com. I'll dig everything out and post images for you.

I now remember you! :D Back in August 2015 you made a forum post on R O regarding Empress Valley t-shirts. I was the one that responded to you and put you in touch with Ron as I knew of a set for sale. I still have the images of the shirts Ron provided me. I hope you ended up getting the set. There were six shirts if I recall. :D Ron is the one who had the ITTOD Rubik's cubes made for me.

Hi Led Zeppi,

Thank you for the kind words. I've visited your site many times to check out all the wonderful items you have. I do have one piece of rare vinyl that made the top 100 list. If you would like to know which record just check my response in the tight but loose thread. Just search for a happy smile icon at the end of the sentence. :mrgreen:

Are you a member of the Russian .ru Zeppelin website forum? I read their forums from time to time with a translator. Unfortunately, I do not know Mark. Thank you for the greeting!

I'll post some more items soon.

Best regards,

Robert
Sems Fir
Club Mitglied

Beitragvon zeppelin-deluxe » So Jan 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Sems Fir hat geschrieben:I now remember you! :D Back in August 2015 you made a forum post on R O regarding Empress Valley t-shirts. I was the one that responded to you and put you in touch with Ron as I knew of a set for sale. I still have the images of the shirts Ron provided me. I hope you ended up getting the set. There were six shirts if I recall. :D Ron is the one who had the ITTOD Rubik's cubes made for me.

Yes, only because of your help the six EVSD t-shirts are having found its way into my collection. Ron's price was not cheap but i don't care if i really want to have something. The shirts are also of really great quality and came in unworn still sealed condition.
All my items are Mint or 1A Excellent only. No exceptions!
Thanks again for the wonderful hint you gave me. :super:
Now i am only still looking for the grey Burn Like A Candle long-sleeve.
zeppelin-deluxe
Administrator
Administrator

Nächste

Zurück zu Raritäten